viernes, 10 de junio de 2011

03: Story behind our songs- UniversalFilia



I can write so many things about this video.
I started to film this video/song last 2010 around London. As you can imagine by the flowers flying over the Kingston black stone church walls it was spring, a very pale and pinkie spring. It was amazing to see that, not only the petals dancing with themselves (yes remind me the title of that song by Billie Idol which I love!).
And then the discovery of the secret hidden under the petals... A "little pony". Actually it wasn't mine, it was lying under the petals like waiting for me to be filmed... I found it was an excelent methaphore to use, and then contrasting with the final horses dancing inside the circus... Even if the image is precious I found that those wonderful beasts shouldn't be acting like that... Is like us in many senses, we were born to do so much more interesting things than waiting on the queue or checking our mobiles every five minutes... Just like the wild horses.
The swans... Well I love swans since the day I came to London for the first time. Swans are not such lovely birds as you may believe. They are beautiful but could be quite scary some times... Like us again. Ducks are afraid of them usually. I keep a couple of swans feathers at home...
The lonely and green path at the park is one of my favourites places to go around... Shapes are perfect.
I love circus. Not animal circus, just the idea of circus. I love theirs lights, their magic, their bizarre culture. I envie the girls doing the trapeze...
As the song was in a way to say goodbye and to let my sadness fly away, it was a very difficult video to do for me...

I never thought this sadness dress would fit me
I never thought to feel so closely
Why we all prune those nice trees to still bloom in spring
Why I couldn't make you breath...

If I have my heart still inside me
what its feeling would be
and because you had to leave
I had to take it out of me
I wonder what the rhythm would be
would you please give me back the beat...
would you please give me back the beat...
would you please give me back the beat...

(thanks to Natalie for reading my spelling at that long time ago)
a song by alasVALS...

See you next time,
Silvia

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario